TWO OF HEARTS LOGLINE: Alec Myers is smart, good-looking, rich - and dead. After an accident he winds up on the 'other side'
where he's forced to face some unpleasant truths about himself. Just as he's about to get a second chance his ex-wife donates his heart
for transplant, complicating his return to life, his search for a lost romance and his redemption.
- TWO OF HEARTS is now a FINALIST in the BEVERLY HILLS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL.
- TWO OF HEARTS is now in the BIG BEAR LAKE INT'L FILM FESTIVAL, 2nd Round (semi-finalist).
- TWO OF HEARTSis now a semi-finalist in the SOCAL INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL IN HUNTINGTON BEACH.
- TWO OF HEARTS is now a semi-finalist in the FEEL GOOD FILM FESTIVAL.
- TWO OF HEARTS is now a semi-finalist in the VISION FEST.
- TWO OF HEARTS is now a semi-finalist in the WRITEMOVIES INTERNATIONAL CONTEST.
- TWO OF HEARTS is now a semi-finalist in the SCRIPTSHARK (a division of the New York Times company) INSIDER SCREENPLAY COMPETITION.
- TWO OF HEARTS is now a semi-finalist in the FADE IN MAGAZINE SCREENPLAY WRITING CONTEST.
Triggerstreet Top Ten
"TWO OF HEARTS is a fresh, imaginative and often humorous spin on the age-old premise of getting a second chance on love and life, and is executed with wit and charming characterization that shows strong potential at the box office..." SCRIPTSHARK
Brian Von Gross is the only active member of the band -- as of mid 2001.
1997: digital scans of Apocrypho
Disc drawing by R. Clinton C.
*** = E.R. exclusive.
Sold out in 2003...
ELECTRO RADIOVENGEANCE by DJ Vex
That was then, and the Underground music scene does not stand still.
Designed by Sir D. Wren (a descendant of Sir Christopher Wren, to you.)
Lupos Sobre-Vega is the instigator of APOCRYPHO.
Luposwasa practicing yogi - for 24 years - and became a Kundalini 'conduit' (or "meditation teacher") in 2000...
PSA(audio digital mastering by Lupos)
DECEMBER 2012: Sobre-Vega now practices an early form of Christianity...but not a "literalist," nor an "orthodox" (with a small "o"). And no, he is NOT a Gnostic Christian.
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father (or go to Heaven, depending on how you interpret it) except through me.'" (John 14:6)
The original Apocrypho lineup disbanded in early 2001.
November 21, 2018: A reissue EP of 4 A.M. and BEAT PER BAR releases will be out late next year, 2019.
It is not often I receive multiple messages(!) from the actual owner of a record label, who completely gets the uniqueness of these two '80s vinyl releases...enough to ask (time and time again) if he could resurrect them in the 21st century, in spite of almost impossible obstacles (you have no idea).
The following brilliant compositions will be included in this "awesome!" EP:
1. "I Love It (After Hours Mix)" from the 4 A.M. “I Love It” 12-inch vinyl (House Hold Records)
2. "Yahh… Money?!" from the Beat Per Bar 12-inch vinyl (House Hold Records)
3. "Just Wait And See (Deepest Mix)" from the 4 A.M. “I Love It” 12-inch vinyl (House Hold)
4. "That’s Nice - Gimme A Couple More (U.S. Jack Mix)" from the Beat Per Bar 12" vinyl (House Hold)
All composed and performed by Lupos Sobre-Vega (a.k.a. DJ Vex of APOCRYPHO)
Photo bySir Deacon-Wren (Thanksgiving 2018)
Sir Deacon-Wren is the co-author of Two of Hearts.
Brian von Gross
...is the lead vox of Apocrypho.
He is also one of its composers.
Please direct your 4 A.M. and Beat Per Bar inquiry to the record label SMILING C since it now has the exclusive rights to the mentioned recordings. Thank you.